Sunday 18 August 2013



Samar Khoury
Samar Khoury
By Lekan Olujinmi

Samar Khoury is a British international Model, Actress and Dancer. She was born in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) to a Lebanese father and a Congolese mother, and speaks Arabic, English and French fluently.
Samar Khoury started modelling in 2010. She has worked with many photographers in England and abroad. She made the cover of Zen Magazine January 2012 and gave her first exclusive interview to the magazine. Samar Khoury has also featured extensively in international magazines including Amina Magazine (Paris), Black Hair, Black Beauty and Hair Magazine, FAB Magazine, Faqtor Fashion Book (NYC-Japan-Paris-London), Folk Magazine (Norway), Femina Magazine (India), Miss Ebene (Paris), Pride Magazine, The Independent magazine, The Globe Newspaper (Ghana), The Promota magazine.
Samar states that: "I believe that in the modelling and acting industries, the ideas inherent in 2face gemini are put into action by models and actors because we fit ourselves into the identity of someone else's skin. We have a make-over from a creative team and once all the lights are ready and set, the photographer is waiting to shoot you live, here and now. Models express emotions through the lenses of the camera. There is nowhere to hide and to escape! Convince the viewers, convince the crowd: sell the product, sell it. Our business is to make others believe the images we project!"

In your own words describe your experiences with the theatre production The Diary Of Black Men - How Do You Love A Black Woman?
I would like to thank  The StageWalker Group and The Klub International Management Company for giving me this opportunity and exposure. The experience has been overwhelming! I am looking forward to meeting the rest of the cast members. This is my first theatre production so I don't know what to expect and there's a mixture of feelings, anxiety and excitement and a bit of uncertainty. In relation to theatre, I haven't had the privilege to watch the play so it is my first time. I will be in a better position to give my answer after the production.
Did your parents support you going into the entertainment business?
No. They only supported me through my education. I had to support myself in the beginning because introducing modelling into my family was not seen as a respectful job. However, I had to prove myself to them. In the end, they are so proud of my achievements. It was important for me to get  an education first and once I got it as a foundation, it was easier for me to pursue my creative side.




By Yomi Adegoke

Africa Fashion Week London raised the roof of The Old Brewery in Shoreditch earlier this month, bringing a burst of African vibrancy and colour to the streets of East London. The show showcased the work of African designers as well as African inspired pieces over three days from the 1-3 August.
With guest appearances from Britain's Got Talent Britain's semi-finalists CEO dancers, the event drew in crowds of people of African descent as well as not, as well as attracting substantial media attention worldwide.
The show began in 2011 and attracted 4,700 visitors on its début. This year showcased over 100 brands and drew in approximately 20,000 spectators. Fusing music, dance and fabulous clothes, African Fashion Week London continues to go from strength to strength and we can't wait to see what 2014 has to offer.