Monday 30 August 2010

Leadership Awards
Responsible leaders channel their passion and energy into their work. They demonstrate vision and perseverance in the face of obstacles and provide inspiration to us all.
The Leadership Awards 2010 organised by the Leadership Magazine
The Award is given to individuals whose leadership and commitment has resulted in change and improvement , and who have inspired other organisations to take action





















Lola cycles solo from London to Africa for African Kids
Click to sponsor Lola at www.justgiving.com/London-Africa2010 / www.possibleiam.com





Lola Odujinrin is facing a challenge of a lifetime as he gears up to cycle from London Trafalgar Square to Morocco in Northern Africa.

Lola, 32, is usually seen a petrol head by his friends but on September 18th he will be donning his gear and cycling 105 miles per day for 12 days in aid of Children in Africa to raise money for Stepping Stones Nigeria (SSN) Charity which we have all recently seen on Channel 4 and CNN News.



When asked about his preparation, he says “I've never cycled more than 10 miles at a time before. The last time I (completed any serious exercise was over 10 years ago) got any serious exercise done was over 10 years ago. Now I'm spending up to 4 hours and up to 5 days a week in the gym to prepare for this feat. Friends have been asking me what I think the road condition and surface would be like and my only response is that I will soon find out. The only one thing absolutely clear right now is that there is no going back, the only way is forward and that is to Morocco.”

The hard work will all be worthwhile for me if Lola succeeds in raising £5,000 for Stepping Stones Charity. “My bum will get sore, I will sweat and feel a lot of pain but this will never be close to what these innocent kids go through daily. I will have to be reminding myself constantly of what these kids go through to keep my motivation on this trip. Unlike, these kids, I will be privileged to have mixed emotions like climbing high the mountains and being out of breath and coasting down a mountain effortlessly with stunning scenery all around me. I cannot wait!”

Why SSN? Following the recent documentary on British TV and more recently on CNN, Lola was appalled, shocked and moved that he asked himself so (many) much questions as to what can be done to eradicate these problems in our modern day. To then see this act being performed in Nigeria was even more worrying to him and he was determined to do his bit to stop such cruelty to children. “That bit is raising some money for the likes of Stepping Stones based in Leicester, UK who put their lives on the line to rescue these innocent kids. I have a little girl whom I love dearly with all my heart, and I cannot comprehend anybody hurting my child such as these kids are being subjected to. I hope these guys will keep doing what they do as it is just simply remarkable.”

.

My family, friends, colleagues and local gym have been very generous and I hope other people will sponsor me for what I see to be a worthy cause.



Every pound given towards stopping these dastardly acts will go a long way and mean the likes of Stepping Stones Nigeria can continue their invaluable work of supporting innocent lives.

You can sponsor me by visiting my website or online fundraising page on www.justgiving.com/London-Africa2010 or www.possibleiam.com where you will also see a link to my Just Giving page. You can pay by credit or debit card, and the money will go directly to The Charity Stepping Stones Nigeria. Where supporters are UK taxpayers, the charity will automatically receive 28% extra in Gift Aid, which makes Justgiving the most efficient way of sponsoring me.

Notes to Editors

For further information or to arrange a photo call please contact Lola Odujinrin on 07984 412 535.



For further information and photos on Stepping Stones Nigeria please contact Natalie Collin on 0845 313 8391.



For further information on Justgiving.com, please contact Mike Wells on 0845 021 2110.



Kind Regards

Lola Odujinrin


On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 9:50 PM, Ayoub Mzee wrote:

hello ola
it was nice to talk to you and thanks for the good work on Nigeria . Her at Ben tv We are proud of you
.keep my number 07960811614
ayoub mzee
ben tv





--

Project Team Contacts

Lola Odujinrin: 07984 412 535 1man1plane@googlemail.com
Yomi Babatunde: 07939 847 648 doboy@hotmail.com
0207 645 3722
Cynthia Odujinrin: 07985 215 696 c_akanoh@hotmail.com


Web Address: www.possibleiam.com
http://www.justgiving.com/London-Africa2010
www.possibleiam.co.uk
Email Address: 1man1plane@gmail.com

Possible I AM




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------