Monday 19 October 2009

Dear Sir/Madam,
My name is Chanelle Myrie, and I am currently studying for a doctorate in Clinical Psychology at the University of East London. For my final year thesis project, I will be researching Black men’s conceptions of mental health and well-being, and how they think about looking after themselves. I am particularly looking for men aged 18-30 who identify as coming from an Afro-Caribbean background.I am currently looking for participants to take part in my research, and meet me for an hour long interview. I have been advertising for my study in community centres within the East London area. I am writing to your service to find out whether it would be possible for me to display an A4 poster advertising my study in your community centre. I have a contact email address on the bottom of the poster for interested people to contact me on. Participants would receive a £5 voucher from Amazon or HMV for their time.If you would be able to display a poster, please email me on blackmenresearch@ gmail.com and I will arrange a time for me to come and drop the poster off. There is also the possibility (if you have rooms available for hire), that if people at your centre would prefer to do the interviews at your centre rather than at the University of East London, I would also pay to rent a room for an hour.
Kindest regards, Chanelle Myrie
Trainee Clinical Psychologist