Wednesday 30 January 2008

Dear Ayoub

Sir, there is something bothering me whenever I buy a news paper every day. It’s the carnage that is persistently going on in nearby Kenya . People are dying and I have a feeling that the numbers reported by the press is just a tip of the iceberg. I saw a picture in the New Vision the other day of a young man with an arrow stuck in the side of his head. I felt like it was stuck in mine. The burning down of a church with refuge seekers in it reminds me of the 1994 Rwanda genocide.

The point is, can’t any thing be done to stop this madness because it’s assuming catastrophic proportions. Can’t someone stop it before we call it genocide? Above all, when the dust finally settles some day, posterity will blame us for standing and gazing while all this was going on. Where is the international community? I now look at every one outside Kenya as powerless. To say the least am ashamed uncle.

I appreciate your efforts in informed on the Kenya issue through your blog. The truth and reconciliation committee will have a lot to do when all has been said and done.


Yours Sincerely,

M Farouk
Bin Ebrahim Muhongya
Uganda